- If arriving at the clinic WITH A PET, we still request that you simply text or call before entering the building, so we can navigate traffic and make the visit a positive, fear free experience for your pet.
- Our reception area will be open for prescription and food pick ups, and over the counter purchases. If you are more comfortable with curbside pick up or appointments, admit appointments, or telemedicine, we will be happy to assist you!
- We continue our diligence with following increased sanitizing protocols.
- We will continue to accept new clients, and are striving to balance welcoming new faces with our custom care for our established client/patient needs.
- We continue to steadily work through surgery requests and wellness appointments.
- Where all possible, please use the PET DESK app or our email address to request appointments, order food, and renew prescriptions. Our phone lines are busy and limited, so this helps tremendously!
- Please give us at LEAST 24 hours notice if you need to cancel your appointment to help free up schedule slots for other waiting clients.
- Please give us a few days notice for food and medication requests. We also appreciate the pre-payments to make pick ups that much easier!
We thank our community for their continued support – throughout the pandemic, and looking ahead to the future of compassionate care! We are honoured that you trust us with your pets care, and we are committed to giving our very best!
ONGOING COVID PROTOCOL:
While there is currently no evidence to suggest this virus is circulating in animals in Canada, the following policies will continue to help us keep our clients and staff protected and healthy.
- Clients and Staff should NOT enter the building if they have traveled out-of-country, are experiencing any cold/fever like symptoms, or have had contact with someone who has tested positive for the virus.
- Treating ill or injured patients will continue to be prioritized. We may be rescheduling non-urgent appointments and elective surgeries to facilitate providing proper care to urgent medical needs and surgical procedures.
- To assist with minimizing traffic in the exam and waiting rooms, upon arrival to the clinic, we ask that you contact the clinic (there are phone and text options posted on the windows), and we will direct you with further instructions. You may also request to schedule a drop-off visit, and a doctor will contact you after examining your pet.
- We have set in place extra disinfection of surfaces and high use areas. We continue to encourage social distancing in-clinic. When possible, we are encouraging payment over the phone, or credit/debit card transactions.
- We are doing our best to assist with food and prescription orders, and will customize pick up procedures. We request you call the clinic in advance with at LEAST 24 hours notice. You may also complete order requests via the PET DESK app, or by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate YOU, our loyal clients, and know that we are all trying to do our part to keep healthy and safe during this crisis! We thank you for your continued patience.
Dr. Kendra Doornenbal and her team at Yellowhead Veterinary Clinic
The Free Helpdesk App for all of your Pet Needs
Request appointments, get reminders, view your pet’s medical history, request prescription/food refills and more, all from one convenient app. Download today on the App or Play Store!