IMPORTANT NOTICECOVID 19 (CORONA VIRUS) INFORMATION
- We now have a THIRD examination room to help with the flow of traffic in the clinic and to help maintain social distancing!!
- We continue our diligence with Covid procedures and our increased sanitizing protocols.
- We now have a TEXT option available upon arrival to the clinic, to help with notification and food/prescription order pick up.
- We ARE again accepting new clients, and are striving to balance welcoming new faces with our custom care for our established client/patient needs.
- We continue to offer alternative options for patient care, such as admit appointments, curb side appointments, and telemedicine where appropriate.
- We continue to steadily work through surgery requests and wellness appointments.
- We have ADDITIONAL VET help on certain days to increase our ability to see patients!
- Please continue to be patient with us! This pandemic has been an adjustment to say the least and we appreciate your kindness and support!
- Where all possible, please use the PET DESK app to request appointments, order food, and renew prescriptions. Our phone lines are busy and limited, so this helps tremendously!
- Please give us at LEAST 24 hours notice if you need to cancel your appointment to help free up schedule slots for other waiting clients.
- Please give us a few days notice for food and medication requests. We also appreciate the pre-payments to make pick ups that much easier!
Veterinary services are considered to be ESSENTIAL to the public, so at present, we will REMAIN OPEN. We continue to implement procedure changes as suggested by our ABVMA and CVMA Governing Bodies. While there is currently no evidence to suggest this virus is circulating in animals in Canada, the following policies will help us to keep our clients and staff protected and healthy.
- Clients and Staff should NOT enter the building if they have traveled out-of-country, are experiencing any cold/fever like symptoms, or have had contact with someone who has tested positive for the virus.
- Treating ill or injured patients will be prioritized. We may be rescheduling non-urgent appointments and elective surgeries to facilitate providing proper care to urgent medical needs and surgical procedures. This will also help to preserve essential medical supplies.
- To assist with minimizing traffic in the exam and waiting rooms, upon arrival to the clinic, for appointments or otherwise, we ask that you REMAIN IN YOUR VEHICLE and contact the clinic (there are phone and text options posted on the windows), and we will direct you with further instructions. We request a ONE CLIENT PER PATIENT ratio for appointments. You may also request to schedule a drop-off visit, and a doctor will contact you after examining your pet.
- We have set in place extra disinfection of surfaces and high use areas. We are encouraging social distancing in-clinic (washing hands, two-meter distance from clients, removing toys/magazines) When possible, we are encouraging payment over the phone, or credit/debit card transactions.
- We are doing our best to assist with food and prescription orders, and will customize pick up procedures. We request you call the clinic in advance with at LEAST 24 hours notice. You may also complete order requests via the PET DESK app, or by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org We are doing what we can to ensure the integrity of our food and prescription supplies, but due to the high demand of orders to our suppliers, we kindly ask for your patience as there may be delays.
We appreciate YOU, our loyal clients, and know that we are all trying to do our part to keep healthy and safe during this crisis! We thank you for your continued patience.
Dr. Kendra Doornenbal and her team at Yellowhead Veterinary Clinic
The Free Helpdesk App for all of your Pet Needs
Request appointments, get reminders, view your pet’s medical history, request prescription/food refills and more, all from one convenient app. Download today on the App or Play Store!