IMPORTANT NOTICECOVID 19 (CORONA VIRUS) INFORMATION
- We are just finishing the building of a THIRD examination room to help with the flow of traffic in the clinic and to help maintain social distancing!!
- We will continue with our increased sanitizing protocols.
- We are currently NOT accepting new clients, so we can focus our primary care on our established client/patient needs.
- We will continue to offer alternative options for patient care, such as admit appointments, curb side appointments, and telemedicine where appropriate.
- We are steadily working through the back log of surgery requests and wellness appointments.
- We have ADDITIONAL VET help on certain days to increase our ability to see patients!
- Please continue to be patient with us! This has been an adjustment to say the least and we appreciate your kindness and support!
- Where all possible, please use the PET DESK app to request appointments, order food, and renew prescriptions. Our phone lines are busy and limited, so this helps tremendously!
- Please give us at LEAST 24 hours notice if you need to cancel your appointment to help free up schedule slots for other waiting clients.
- Please give us a few days notice for food and medication requests. We also appreciate the pre-payments to make pick ups that much easier!
We send our warmest greetings and support during these historic times, as our clinic, alongside our community, navigate through the ever changing precautions associated with the COVID 19 (Coronavirus). Above all else, the health of our staff and our clients, including our four-legged ones, is our top priority!
Veterinary services are considered to be ESSENTIAL to the public, so at present, we will REMAIN OPEN. Because of this, we are implementing some procedure changes to be aware of as suggested by our ABVMA and CVMA Governing Bodies. While there is currently no evidence to suggest this virus is circulating in animals in Canada, the following policies will help us to keep our clients and staff protected and healthy.
- Clients and Staff should NOT enter the building if they have traveled out-of-country, are experiencing any cold/fever like symptoms, or have had contact with someone who has tested positive for the virus.
- Clinic hours may be affected. Treating ill or injured patients will be prioritized. We may be rescheduling non-urgent appointments and elective surgeries to facilitate providing proper care to urgent medical needs and surgical procedures. This will also help to preserve essential medical supplies. This plan will be evaluated regularly at a weekly management meeting, and will change according to the global situation.
- To assist with minimizing traffic in the exam and waiting rooms, upon arrival to the clinic, for appointments or otherwise, we ask that you REMAIN IN YOUR VEHICLE and call the clinic at 780-963-9478, and we will direct you with further instructions. We request a ONE CLIENT PER PATIENT ratio for appointments. You may also request to schedule a drop-off visit, and a doctor will contact you after examining your pet.
- We have set in place extra disinfection of surfaces and high use areas. We are encouraging social distancing in-clinic (washing hands, two-meter distance from clients, removing toys/magazines) We will NOT BE ACCEPTING CASH transactions at this time.
- We are doing our best to assist with food and prescription orders, and will customize pick up procedures. We request you call the clinic in advance with at LEAST 24 hours notice. You may also complete order requests via the PET DESK app, or by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org We are doing what we can to ensure the integrity of our food and prescription supplies, but due to the high demand of orders to our suppliers, we kindly ask for your patience as there may be delays. Please be considerate of our community when placing food orders. We understand the need to be prepared, but want to help ensure there is enough food and supplies for all our furry friends.
We appreciate YOU, our loyal clients, and know that we are all trying to do our part to keep healthy and safe during this crisis! We thank you for your continued patience.
Dr. Kendra Doornenbal and her team at Yellowhead Veterinary Clinic
The Free Helpdesk App for all of your Pet Needs
Request appointments, get reminders, view your pet’s medical history, request prescription/food refills and more, all from one convenient app. Download today on the App or Play Store!